Filed under News

October Anti-Bullying Month

Bullying has become a complicated issue to discuss in many schools. A good amount of people complain that bullying is a cliché and exhausting topic to talk about. However, as the issue has continued to grow in the recent years, that is not the case.

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services reports that nearly 20 percent of students in grades 9 through 12 have experienced bullying in their schools. And with the introduction to technology, students are now being harassed, criticized, and humiliated simply for being themselves online. For instance, LGBTQ students experience very high rates of cyberbullying; the 2012 National School Climate Survey shows that up to 50 percent face harassment online.

Cyber Bullying really is a serious matter; it has been the cause of many suicides and self-harm inflictions. Bullying can cause many mental issues that can later affect a victim in a negative way. One automatic reaction to bullying is to keep the problem to yourself and simply ignore it. Only about 20 to 30 percent of students who are bullied notify adults about the situation at hand.

People often feel like if they share how hurt they are on the inside, it’ll be a burden to someone else. Sometimes you just have to realize that you aren’t a burden and that sharing your feelings can really help your mental state of mind in a positive way. Don’t be afraid to talk to somebody, whether it be an adult or a friend.

Asking for help is a strength not a weakness. Reach out and find your inner happiness.

Nikita Opel, Executive Producer - Features

Nikita Opel has been a part of the PNN staff for almost two years editing, anchoring, and producing various multimedia projects. This semester she hopes...

Genevieve Avalos, Tech Anchor

Genevieve Avalos is a lead anchor for PNN. She has been on the PNN staff for 1 year. She does entertainment anchoring and features. Genevieve wants to...

• October Anti-Bullying Month

News

Entertainment 2/15

• October Anti-Bullying Month

Hall of Fame

World Music Day Pt. 3

• October Anti-Bullying Month

News

2019 LA Teacher Strike

• October Anti-Bullying Month

Hall of Fame

World Music Day 2018 Pt. 2

• October Anti-Bullying Month

Hall of Fame

World Music Day 2018

• October Anti-Bullying Month

News

Interview With Alex Orozco

• October Anti-Bullying Month

News

LA Teacher Strike Promo

• October Anti-Bullying Month

News

Mole Richardson Co. Field Trip

• Archived

PNN SHOW 12/07

• October Anti-Bullying Month

News

World Music Day

October Anti-Bullying Month